My last exam was Wednesday morning so as soon as it was over I packed my room loaded up my ute and headed straight back to Moree. I started back at work first thing Thursday morning riding my new Postie bike out to work for the first time, I got it to cut fuel costs hoping I could cut the $70 a week fuel bill for my ute down to under $20. I’ve probably picked the worst time of year to do try this out as harvest has begun and there are semi trailers, b-doubles and road trains all around, you really notice the drop in speed (up to 10km/h) as a road train comes rattling past.
As I mentioned earlier the harvest has begun around Moree and we’ll be starting to harvest the chickpeas on either Tuesday or Wednesday this week, so over the last two days (yes we had the weekend off) we have been checking over the grain and chaser bins. As they where immersed in flood water in early 2012 the bearings have attracted particular scrutiny, all the wheel bearings have been pulled apart checked over and repacked with grease. While other bearings that help with the auger have been replaced completely, to help them slide onto the shaft better all the paint was removed and the stainless steel polished to a high shine removing all and any imperfection making it a ease to put the new bearings on.
Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures of the process as some heavy fella fell on my phone crushing the screen (guilty as charged) and my other camera wasn’t as waterproof as claimed, so until I can work out an alternative my posts will be picture free. Later in the week I hope to have some video up from the chickpea harvest.